page contents

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Kraken Clone Part 2

Just a quick one. With the Kraken running a basic 3mm silica wick and a 1.8ohm coil at 7 watts, I was getting a foul almost fizzy flavour. A bit of research suggested that the washers on the centre pin were not stainless steel. On inspection of my device, the washers were becoming scorched and rusty. I've replaced the washers with stainless steel ones. I've also replaced all the screws with equivalent stainless hex bolts. In my humble opinion its easier to fasten the coil in place using a hex bolt and key. It also looks pretty cool...

Before:


After:



More soon, no doubt.

D

2 comments:

  1. Good advice! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got mine and was breaking it down for a good cleaning before the first build. The center pin didn't come out easily so I searched out a photo and found your post here. Excellent info, thank you very much. I have also heard that a foul flavor could be from improper cleaning post fabrication. Many have posted a good thorough cleaning is in order. The info on the washers and screws is excellent, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before publication. If you'd prefer to keep your comment private, please say so and it will not be published.