page contents

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Android tablet - broken power /charge socket (Part One)

Amongst everything else last week, I did a favor for a friend and installed the free Windows 10 upgrade on his Acer One netbook. It ought to have been more straightforward than it was but his copy of Windows 7 was corrupt. I ended up reinstalling Windows 7, activating it, and then doing the Win10 upgrade. All good. By way of payment, I suppose, I was presented with this Android tablet. It's just had a new screen fitted but the battery is flat and won't charge. It's mine if I can fix it. The problem is clear - the tiny pin inside the power/charge socket has broken off. It looks like a straightforward repair if I can find a suitable replacement surface mounted socket. The question is "should I bother?" Other than it being a tablet running Android, I know nothing about it (spec, version, etc). I'll probably sort it anyway. I don't need a tablet but I was thinking about adding the Plex app and then fixing it to the wall in the kitchen and hooking up to my pioneer A400 amp which lives in the kitchen. One can never have too many gadgets...











More soon, no doubt....


D

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before publication. If you'd prefer to keep your comment private, please say so and it will not be published.