page contents

Saturday 21 November 2015

Technika LCD32-270 - flickering screen (Part One)

Got a new project from my friend with the Rover; a Tesco "Technika" TV suffering from a flickering screen. I said I'd take a look. On opening it up, I can see three of the five capacitors on the 24v channel are all bulging. The three that have failed are 35v 470uf. The other two are 35v 220uf. All five are "F-Con" brand. I'm not sure how old the TV is but I don't think its an ancient one. Anyway, I'll swap all five for something decent from CPC and hopefully that will resolve it.

The tear-down (once I'd taken the stand off so I could lie the TV flat on the floor) was straightforward - just 17 phillips head screws. Note the five screws near the middle/bottom are machine screws whereas the rest are self-tappers. Then just remove the heatsink cover from the right bank on the PSU and hey presto - blown capacitors in all their glory.













I'll order the bits from CPC and do a fresh post for the repair.

More soon, no doubt...

D

2 comments:

  1. I can't thank you enough for this article,i've got the same tv with the same fault.A very cheap fix

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before publication. If you'd prefer to keep your comment private, please say so and it will not be published.